yum priorities plugin and disabled repos

I have a repository that contains some custom builds of packages that are also part of the distro's base repo (Scientific Linux 6.9). I'm using the yum-priorities plugin to ensure that packages in my custom repo take priority over the base packages.

I'm aware that there is a potential for this to break dependencies occasionally, but this has been a very successful strategy and broken deps generally just cause a yum update to fail (and it can then be fixed), which is preferable to the custom package accidentally being replaced by a newer version of the base package.

I'm having a problem with disabling repos though - if I set enabled=0 on my custom repo to stop it receiving new updates, it seems that yum-priorities also ignores the repo. Even though "yum list" still correctly shows that the packages were installed from the disabled repo, its priority is no longer considered and those packages are therefore subject to being replaced by newer packages in the base repo.

Is there a way around this problem? I basically want to be able to turn updates on/off for the custom repo without risking the custom packages being replaced. I know I could name every package that has a custom version in an exclude= line in the base repo, but that's a bit of a management nightmare.

Many thanks.

--
 - Steve Hill
   Technical Director

   Enquiries                 Support
   sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx        support@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   +44-1792-824568           +44-1792-825748