Re: Yum does not respect RPM dependency version constraints

Le 16/12/2014 16:29, James Antill a écrit :
  Using two requires to specify a range isn't used much, as there are a
lot of problems with it ... but it should work, and we do have tests
for it. However the second thing "X = ver" is used a _lot_, so if
that's not working then it's very likely that the requires/provides
aren't what you think they are.
  The first thing I'd look at is to make sure the package being
installed doesn't also provide something more than the simple
<name = version> you get by default. After that the next culprit is
probably epochs.

Thank you for the tips. After inspecting requires/provides more closely, I noticed that unlike other packages, PKG2 had a "Provides: PKG2" line in its spec file (without any version). It seems that since all versions of PKG2 had it, yum picked the most recent one every time, no matter what specific version PKG1 required.

I removed the "Provides: PKG2" line, rebuilt all packages, recreated the repository and now dependencies are resolved correctly.

Thanks,
Fabien.