Re: Finding installed packages and their repositories using python yum module

you are looking for

.ui_from_repo

TIm

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Navid Shaikh <shaikhnavid14@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I am using python yum module.
I am finding all installed packages in system and yum repositories, from which these RPMs
are installed.
From command line, I can see this using command:

$yum list installed

However when I am using python yum module, I can find the installed packages but
I am not able to find associated yum repository from which a package is installed.

Here is how I got the installed packages:

import yum

yb = yum.YumBase()
pkg_list = yb.doPackageLists(pkgnarrow="installed")
inst_pkg_list = pkg_list.installed

#Now I am trying to find if there is an attribute giving yum repository info for this package
rpm1 = inst_pkg_list[0]
rpm1.repoid
'installed'
#However, it returns 'installed', which is not yum repository name.

Where I am doing it wrong?
Any help is highly appreciated.

--
Regards,