Re: forcing older kernel package install (rpm --oldpackage for yum?) redux

On 13-04-12 10:55 AM, James Antill wrote:

>  The follow on to this is that "kernel" should be in the
> installonlypkgs configuration list.

Right.  Which it is, both implicitly, according to the yum.conf manual
page and explicitly when I specified the installonlypkgs list in my
yum.conf file.  Neither implicit or explicit worked and the kernel
package I am trying to install does "provide" (in rpm --provides
nomenclature):

kernel = 2.6.32-279.14.1.el6_foo

>  It has downgrade ... but you shouldn't need it in this case.

Right, but that requires specifying an explicit package and won't
process a "downgrade" as part of a "yum install" where a package in the
installation group "requires" a kernel "downgrade" to happen.

Cheers,
b.