Re: Corrupt Yum Reinstall

<daniel.1.ciborowski@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> So I was having trouble with my metadata, and was told to try removing fastestmirror, which completely broken Yum.

 In CentOS yum requires yum-fastestmirror ... so you can't remove the
plugin without breaking the dependencies (or removing yum
itself). Obviously you can _disable_ the plugin without removing it.

> So then I tried to reinstall yum.
> I am having the following issue
>
> There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
> required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
>
> No module named yum

 This means python can't find the yum module anymore, which probably
means that parts of yum have been removed ... or something that yum
relies on. If rpm still works, you can try installing all the packages
you removed ... and then see if yum works again.

--
James Antill -- james@xxxxxxx