Updating package in YUM local repository

Hello everyone!

I'm creating a local repository, where some proprietary packages will be
placed.

I can actually put the packages in YUM and, after running createrepo in my
repository the package is found by YUM without problems.

My question now is: how can i update this package?

I've already tried overwrite the installed package in repository using a
newer version of this package and rerun createrepo, but YUM says that no
updates were found!

Someone know what is the right way to install a package update in YUM
repository?

Maybe someone could indicate a web page that explains the YUM repository
hierarchy and how to build my own repository.

Thanks in advance for your attention!