Re: Installing src rpm (without downloading)

Kevin Wilson <wkevils@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
> I know that every src rpm can be downloaded via
> "yumdownload --sorurce"
> and then
> rpm -ivh xyz.src.pm
>
> Is there a way to configure yum to install src rpm without
> downloading it ? as you do with "yum install rpm"

 So ... this still downloads it. yum is not magic :).

 rpm might be able to do the network download itself.

 yum tries really hard to discourage "installing" source rpms because
it's often much better to use things like mock instead.

--
James Antill -- james@xxxxxxx