Re: RHEL 5.7 yum conf? ('yum grouplist' failing)

On Thu 12/29/11 3:12 +0100 "Yellowdog Updater, Modified" wrote:
--snip
> As it looks like from here, you have manualy set local repo's, with
> updates done without internet or in-house repository.

Appears there is local repo web server, I was able to browse rpms
via lynx using baseurl below.  Below *.repo definition appears to
refer to what I want:

  /etc/yum.repos.d jdoe $ egrep -A100 updates-local  localrepo.repo
  [updates-local]
  name=Redhat $releasever - $basearch - Updates
  failovermethod=priority
  baseurl=http://172.16.22.8/yum/updatevm/
  enabled=0
  gpgcheck=0
  --snip

--snip
> "5.6" might be hardcoded.

ok

> Groups are being pulled from regular repository using *-comps.xml files,
> like base-comps.xml. In your case, comps file is not present (or used)
> since you use a folder (without repodata/repoview subfolder).
>
> There are how-to's for creating those files using createrepo command and
> similar.
>
> Take a look at /etc/yum.repos.d/ for more details.

Thanks, I did some homework.
--

>From /etc/yum.repos.d/localrepo.repo,
I browsed the 'baseurl': http://172.16.22.8/yum/updatevm
and found comps.xml.  It contains the group definitions
I need:

  Development Tools
  Development Libraries

To confirm this, see this wget and grep:

  /tmp jdoe $ wget http://172.16.22.8/yum/updatevm/comps.xml -O - 2>/dev/null |egrep -n 'Development (Tools|Lib)'
  2251:    <name>Development Libraries</name>
  2268:    <name xml:lang='en_GB'>Development Libraries</name>
  2477:    <name>Development Tools</name>
  2494:    <name xml:lang='en_GB'>Development Tools</name>

###
Unfortunately 'yum grouplist' still fails; apparently looks for
comps.xml in a different location:

  ~ root # yum --enablerepo=updates-local grouplist
  Loaded plugins: security
  Setting up Group Process
  http://172.16.22.8/yum/updatevm/repodata/comps.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
  Trying other mirror.
  Failed to add groups file for repository: updates-local - None
  Error: No group data available for configured repositories

I'm not in a position to mv comps.xml on 172.16.22.8.

How might I configure or invoke 'yum groupinstall ..'
to look for
http://172.16.22.8/yum/updatevm/comps.xml ?

--
I would like to avoid: using wget w/recursion to copy the
entire repo to a local dir, and then moving comps.xml (can

--
thanks/regards,
Tom