Re: building plugin that simulates repository...

On Thursday, October 13, 2011, Dan White wrote:
> Why not just make a repo out of your RPM's ?

Fair question. I have considered that before, but because CPacMan repos are
bit more dynamic in nature (think real-time changes) (we have packages moving
from repo-to-repo, added/deleted, all the time and running "createrepo" every
time seems like unnecessary step in the process). Setting up each and every
repo manually would be quite a bit of overhead. They are already defined in
CPacMan and it would be nice not to have to re-define them every time. Plus
when things move internally for CPacMan it would be nice to avoid following
this up with same updates of Yum configs (I know I can do the "generate Yum
configs from CPacMan configs" but that misses quite a few other things too).
Also what I am trying to do is to keep CPacMan and Yum at arms length with the
only bridge - cpacman_yum plugin which helps in not "reinventing the wheel"
and keeps cpacman itself fairly independant of Yum's evolution (which is *not*
a comment on Yum's quality/capability/availability/stability/etc.).

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330