Re: HTTPS and Basic Auth

Време: 09/19/2011 09:43 PM, Benjamin Reed пише:
I'm trying to create a yum repository which is accessible through HTTPS
and protected by basic auth. I've put the user:pass into the baseurl in
the .repo file I created, and indexes download properly, but when I
attempt to actually download a package, it fails.  The URLs shown do not
contain the user and pass, although I'm not sure if they aren't
displayed for security reasons, or because they've gone missing.  Any
ideas what's going on?  (user and pass have been changed to protect the
innocent)

<snip>

Downloading Packages:
iplike-2.0.2-1.i386.rpm
|  14 kB     00:00
https://connect.opennms.com/lts/download/rpm/1.0/rhel5/i386/opennms/iplike-2.0.2-1.i386.rpm:
[Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
Trying other mirror.

yum does download all repo metadata files from your server, so https works as intended.

You sem to have issues with metadata files. If "yum clean all" does not help, then try generateing them again. On what platform is the repo server? And please provide output of the "rpm -qa yum".

Ljubomir Ljubojevic