$releasever Issue

I'm playing with a tool called mrepo which allows one to automate the
mounting of distro ISOs, download updates, and serve them via yum.  It
was written before Spacewalk was available and in my limited testing
seems to work well.

The only issue comes with the default directory structure and yum
variable $releasever.  If I mount the RHEL 6 Server ISO, it defaults to
rhel6s-x86_64/disc1 and RHEL 6 Workstation goes to rhel6w-x86_64/disc1.
 I'd like to use $releasever for the "6" so I could add support for RHEL
5.x in the future, but yum doesn't like "$releasevers" (notice the
trailing s) or ${releasever}s like bash.  Is there a way to get this
working with $releasever or should I consider changing mrepo to use a
different directory name to distinguish Server vs. Workstation?  I spend
a few minutes trolling through yum's source code but couldn't see how
the yum.conf was parsing releasever.

Thanks for your input.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                             |       |
       Corporate Security Programs Org    . | | | . | | | .