Re: How can I get full list of dependencies?

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 14:09 +0100, Adrian Stel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I'm trying use:
>
> yum  --installroot=/tmp/test install globus-authz-devel.x86_64
>
> i get:
>
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
> YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file.
>  Eg. $releasever is not a valid release or hasnt been released yet/
> removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors:
> /tmp/test/var/cache/yum/addons/mirrorlist.txt
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: addons
>
> Any idea why? Or any idea how to install packages with dependencies in
> non standard path ?

inside the installroot you don't have a package providing redhat-release
- which is what yum uses to fill out the $releasever variable.
(centos-release and fedora-release provide that, too)

depending on the yum version you're using you might be able to do:

yum --releasever=5

for example. But if you're not using a newer yum than what's in el5 you
can't.

So, in that case you'll want to edit the addons repo file and change the
$releasever to be whatever number works for the distro you're trying to
install.

-sv