Re: yum executing error in Fedora 14

Susantha Jayasinghe <akssinghe@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> When I trying to install some packages using yum command in Fedora 14, it gives
> following error....Please help me to solve this problem.
>
> ---------------------Error-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> [root@localhost udrm]# yum install tcl
> There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
> required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
>
>    libcf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

 I have no idea where "libcf" comes from, or what requires it.
 Having a look in Fedora the only thing I see is factory-devel which
provides /usr/lib/libcf.a

 My guess is that you have installed a library outside of rpm which is
conflicting with something that python uses.

 Have a look what is in /usr/local, run "python -c 'import rpm'"
(dito. for sqlite, pygpgme and hashlib). Maybe try running ldd on
things.

--
James Antill -- james@xxxxxxx