Re: dependency problems with yum-priorities on CentOS 5.5

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 17:40 +0100, Nick wrote:

> However, advice on the CentOS wiki makes me feel less than confident about
> relying on EPEL or RPMFusion.

As far as I know pmfusion for EL (or CentOS) never really got off the
ground.  The directory tree exists on the rpmfusion servers but is empty
apart from updates/testing.

> Besides the fact that they omit things we need,
> it seems like you can only safely use one or the other. If I have to choose one
> repo, it's hard not to choose RPMForge - it's much *bigger*.

On our network, I install the rpmforge repo but disable it by default
and give it a high priority number.   I enable it only if I need to
install a package not available from EL/CentOS or Epel.

That hasn't caused any problems so far except that 'yum check-update',
with rpmforge enabled, reports updates available from rpmforge even
though 'yum update' wouldn't install them because of the priority
protection.

--
Ian