Re: when mediaid is provided yum crash instead of disabling it

> Can you tell me the version of things you're running  and if you're
> seeing the above from simply running yum from thje cli?
>
> -sv

yes I got that from cli, details below

latest PK would create that file automatically please see
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/packagekit/plain/docs/media-repo.txt
<<EOQ

2. The daemon starts, and the compiled backend initialization is run. This looks
   for mounted volumes, and copies any media.repo files from the removable media
   to /etc/yum.repos.d/packagekit-media.repo, overwriting any existing file.
   The packagekit-media.repo is appended with an "enabled=1" line to ensure
   it is used by the yum CLI.

EOQ

I know you are against having it supported in CLI
but it should just disable it

[root@localhost ~]# rpm -q yum
yum-3.2.27-4.fc13.noarch

[root@localhost ~]# yum list '*yumex*'
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
Found 24 installed debuginfo package(s)
Enabling fedora-debuginfo: Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Debug
Enabling rpmfusion-nonfree-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree - Debug
Enabling rpmfusion-free-updates-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 -
Free - Updates Debug
Enabling rpmfusion-free-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free - Debug
Enabling updates-debuginfo: Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Updates - Debug
Enabling rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13
- Nonfree - Updates Debug
fedora-debuginfo/metalink                                |  20 kB     00:01
updates-debuginfo/metalink                               |  16 kB     00:00
 * fedora: mirror.sov.uk.goscomb.net
 * fedora-debuginfo: mirror.sov.uk.goscomb.net
 * rpmfusion-free: mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in
 * rpmfusion-free-debuginfo: mirror.karneval.cz
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in
 * rpmfusion-free-updates-debuginfo: mirror.karneval.cz
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-debuginfo: mirror.karneval.cz
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-debuginfo: mirror.karneval.cz
 * updates: mirror.bytemark.co.uk
 * updates-debuginfo: mirror.karneval.cz
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository: InstallMedia. Please verify its path and try again

[root@localhost ~]# yum --noplugins list '*yumex*'