Re: Feature request ... or How to.

On 3 May 2010 13:32, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Caution noted Les.
>> Can't see that I can do much about that.
>> Other than install one package at a time... which
>> I was trying to avoid on the time consumption front!
>
> What I normally do is install the yum configs for 3rd party repos but leave
> them disabled, then make sure all the packages from the base repos are
> installed and updated before doing 'yum --enablerepo=reponame install
> package1 package2' to get things from each 3rd party repo.  There may be
> better way to automate it with priorities or pinning but  that has generally
> worked.
>
> --
>  Les Mikesell
>   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

Does yum 'halt' on recognising a conflict in these situations?
Or just install the update (e.g. of a dependency installed from a 3rd party
which overwrites a base repo of the same name) regardless. I can't see
any logic for it
not accepting such an update? Other than a way of saying 'hey yum,
repo X has higher priority than repo Y' which I don't think exists?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.