Re: Feedback request: Possible patch for fastestmirror plugin

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan wrote:

Hi all,

I have a wish, but I'm not sure if it was already in Yum.

In my office network, HTTP is always allowed, but FTP was blocked.

When I use fastestmirror plugin, there will be ftp mirror included, and it cause long delay when
determining the fastest mirror for this site, because the connection is blocked, and have to wait until it
timeout.

I would like to have a setting in Yum that I can say

exclude_protocol="ftp"

or

include_protocol="http"

where fastestmirror plugin will only try to determine the fastest mirror based on the protocol that was
served.

I'm not a programmer, so I cannot contribute my code. But I really wish someone out there can implement the
feature.

mirrormanager and yum will sort mirrors so that http is first.

so you can kinda already get what you want.

and this plugin

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/prune-by-regex.py

will let you prune out mirrors by a regex

-sv