Re: Resolve dependencies while "yum downgrade" process

devel anaconda <anaconda-devel@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello everybody.
>
> Please, enlighten me, what should I do to make my yum-3.2.23 resolve dependencies when I do yum downgrade?
>
> I have program-0.0.2 that depends on lib-0.0.2
> I want to downgrade to program-0.0.1 that depends on lib-0.0.1
>
> When I do "yum downgrade program-0.0.1", it breaks due to unresolved dependencie :(
> But when I type "yum downgrade program-0.0.1 lib-0.0.1" - everything is fine, I can downgrade it. Why? No, not like that. WHY?!? yum doesn't make depsolve? :) Is there any chances to make me happy? May be some unofficial patches?

 The depsolver hasn't been changed to understand downgrading packages,
yet. We decided it was more useful to release a downgrade that did
something, even if the depsolver doesn't really help much, rather than
wait for the depsolver to be changed before releasing the feature.
 Patches are likely to be accepted, if you want to fix any bugs :)

 Atm. the advise we normally give is to run:

  yum downgrade program-0.0.1 lib-0.0.1

 Another option is to move to 3.2.25+ and then you might be able to
use "yum history undo" (assuming you upgraded program and lib at the
same time).

--
James Antill -- james@xxxxxxx