Re: feedback wanted for two new yum-utils

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Tim Lauridsen wrote:

On 11/09/2009 04:45 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
second:
a command-line pipes/parsing "friendly" yum-util.
http://skvidal.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/playing-with-another-yum-util/

Nice example of how to make a yum utils, kind of a yum-cli light :) to make life easier for pearl heads :)
you need to check to return code from buildtransaction and bail out not 2 :).

nod.

showing packages in a way to be handled by pipes is ok, but i don't feel good about install/update/remove packages in that way, we allready have yum shell for that, maybe we should work on making the return codes better in yum-cli instead.

making the return codes better is fine - except that it won't cover the 'machine parseable' part and I routinely get pinged about that. It gets old.

-sv