Problem with configuration of spec file, wish to remove old packages.

Hi all.

Can you help me with something?

YUM is 3.2.22, RPM is 4.4.2.3-9.

I bundled RPM's for OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 for i386 RHEL/CentOS 5.x (http://rpms.plnet.rs), but I have problems with removal of older version of OpenOffice (2.3.0).

I have first put together and recompiled, renamed, ... all needed rpm's.

Then I created 4 (for now) virtual rpm packages:

ooo3-base that depends on all core packages.

ooo3-en-US that depends on ooo3-base and all en-US language packages,
ooo3-SH that depends on ooo3-base and all SH language packages,
ooo3-SR that depends on ooo3-base and all SR language packages.

so installing one of the ooo3-<language> files will install all needed packages.

On CentOS with removed OpenOffice.org 2.3.0 it installs and runs without problems (few months now). But default CentOS 5.x comes with OpenOffice.org 2.x installed.

Is there a way to REMOVE old version before installation of the new one using ooo3-base spec/rpm file? I tried Obsoletes but it looks like it integrates them, not removes them. I would like to avoid leaving any of the older files on the system just because I was lazy to find the right way.

So best way would be to issue a command that will be equivalent of the "yum remove openoffice..."

Thanks,

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
PL Computers
Srbobran