Re: 'yum update' error - Cannot retrieve repository metadata

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Andrew Wheal wrote:

I am not aware of using a proxy, the server is using my normal home internet connection and I have never had to set up anything to use a proxy before now.

Set the timeout value in yum.conf under [main] to a high number like 600

just to see if that improves the situation or if it is unchanged.
thanks,
-sv