typeout/line width: 79/80 chars

Has something changed in yum recently (in the last year, maybe)
so that its format slightly altered?

I am doing a "yum update" (with the fastestmirror plugin, if it matters)
and I am noticing that the typeout or line width seems one character
longer than it used to be.  It seems like it now is 80 characters then
a return, and I'm guessing it used to be 79 characters then a return.

For instance I am watching 600+ packages be downloaded as I update
F11 for the first time, and after the "ETA" at the end of the line there is
a <space> character, followed by the <return>.  I am guessing that it
didn't used to be there (or something).  After the package is retrieved it
(the line) still seems to be 80 characters followed by a return.

This is not critical, obviously, but since so many hundreds of lines are
typed out and since the download takes a while (1.2 GB for me, now),
I almost always run my "yum update" in an emacs shell window, so that
I can leave it alone and go do something else and then come back to it
and scroll up or down as required, or search for error typeout, etc.  The
new (?) yum behavior causes the lines to appear to be double spaced, as
the trailing space ends up on the next line in my window.

So I'm just wondering whether anybody else has noticed this -- or cares --
or whether it is an anomaly, a conscious change, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.