Re: Rollback option with YUM

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Arnau Bria wrote:

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:05:12 -0400 (EDT)
Seth Vidal wrote:

Hi all,

[...]
Yum has a reinstall command now which can put back the same version.
We even have a very limited 'downgrade' command which can downgrade
to a specific version of a specific package. However downgrading an
entire distro major-version release is never going to happen.
could you please give a me link on that "downgrade" feature?

The only link I have is to the man page:

       downgrade
              Will try and downgrade a package from the version currently
              installed to the previously highest version (or the
              specified version).  The depsolver will not necessarily
              work, but if you specify all the packages it should work
              (and thus. all the simple cases will work). Also this does
              not work for "installonly" packages, like Kernels.
              downgrade operates on groups, files, provides and filelists
              just like the "install" command.

-sv