Re: PATCH: handle more checksum in repomd file

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

During the work on Spacewalk I tried to create repomd.xml file with more checksums in that file. See:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-devel/2009-June/msg00021.html
for more info. But it's safe to skip.

But it takes only few moments that I find in yum code, that yum will pickup only last checksum it will find... :(

So I created patch for yum which will pickup only checksums, which are known to yum.

So - first:
in what situation is it useful for the two systems which cannot read both types of checksums to read a single repo?

do you have a repo that is used by both f11 and el5 systems at the same time? If so - why not just use createrepo -s sha to generate those repos?

alternatively, installing python-hashlib from epel on el5 systems allows yum to handle the sha256 checksums fine.

See attachment.
Can you please review it and if find appropriate, merge to git?

Can you explain, again, what benefit we get from this?

-sv