Re: plugin rpm macro

Gerry Reno wrote:
James Antill wrote:
Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I looked at the preupgrade plugin 'whiteout'.  And in the code I see
where it gens a macro '_dependency_whiteout' and then appends a list
of 'package>requires' strings to it.  My question is, for testing, can
I put this macro into /etc/rpm/macros and then will yum/rpm use it?

 AFAICS, rpm will use it. See:

http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=_dependency_whiteout

Thanks.  In looking at whiteout.py it seems that even if it does not find any whiteouts in any of the repos it still creates an empty macro which overrides the one I put in /etc/rpm/macros so I cannot do any manual testing.

I thought disabling the whiteout plugin would allow it to work.  But no dice.  When I do an rpm --eval on the macro it shows it but it does not seem to use it.  yum update still shows the depsolving problem.  This is with F11 rpm 4.7.0.

Regards,
Gerry