Re: why does yumdownloader grab i586 package on an x86_64 system?

On Wed, 13 May 2009, James Antill wrote:

> "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >>  yumdownloader isn't the same as yum-plugin-downloadonly.
> >
> >   ah ... so how would i use the latter?
>
>  yum install yum-plugin-downloadonly
>  yum install asterisk -y --downloadonly
>  # all asterisk packages needed are now in /var/cache/yum/*

  but that's not what i want.  i specifically used "yumdownloader"
because i wanted all those downloaded packages placed in my current
working directory.  i did *not* want them dumped into /var/cache/yum,
i wanted to keep them carefully separated, partly because i wanted to
see what the dependencies would be and have all the asterisk stuff and
its dependencies in one place, although i'm guessing there's probably
an option with the command you suggest where i could override the
destination download cache directory, yes?

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday