Re: yum list available weird output

Gerry Reno wrote:
Seth Vidal wrote:

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Gerry Reno wrote:

I'm exploring like I do with every new tool. I just thought I'd check each arch and then I did the -a 'all' total and when they didn't match I thought I'd ask about that.

well, you don't need --archlist at all - it'll just work for all the arches that are compatible with the system it is running on.

2. what ver of yum-utils is this?
1.1.19-1.fc10

3. what is your overall goal for this script?
Nothing specific at the moment. I'm learning what can be done with repoquery right now.

okay
-sv
I think maybe the -a is only returning one of the available updates instead of all the available updates. Like if there is an x86_64 and an i586 version available, you only get one not both with -a. I would think you should get both though.

Ok, here's another question:
I do this:
repoquery -qa --pkgnarrow=installed --archlist=i386
<returns not just i386 but others such as 'noarch' as well>

The --archlist isn't restricting the list.  Is this a bug?

Regards,
Gerry