Re: New script to yum-utils: debugrepo-check

On Tuesday 21 April 2009, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, James Antill wrote:
> > Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@xxxxxx> writes:

> >> Any comments about this?  If people don't see this fitting nicely in
> >> yum- utils, I'll start looking at shipping it somewhere else.
> >
> > I think we want all the checks like this in one tool (maybe
> > repoclosure), I also have a script which checks that prco data across
> > subarches is good and I'm sure there are others ... can you think
> > of a good reason to have N scripts, as against one yumrepolint type
> > thing?

Not really; code reuse opportunities would probably be easier to find that way
as well.

> if they are generic checks against a repository for 'health' and not
> fedora-specific checks, would it make sense to merge the checks in as a
> method on top of the packagesack object? Then the tool would be
> considerably thinner as it would just call and report from that?

If they're generic enough and don't burden systems of regular yum users with
extra dependencies or other such issues, why not.  Defining what's "generic
enough" could be tricky though.  For example I couldn't tell if debugrepo-
check would be.