Re: problem in multithreaded yum display

On 04/24/2009 09:57 PM, pranjal pandit wrote:
Hello,
We are in a process submit patch to make yum download several packages
simulteneously, we have modified the code in yum tree 3_2_X and code
is running all right except the display part.

  The text meter displayed while downloading intermittently switches
between two packages getting downloaded even when tried for different
objects of urlgrab whereas  we want two independent text meters.

--Regards
--Pranjal Pandit
Computer Science Engineering Department
NIT HAMIRPUR

As James also noted, it is a nightmare in text mode to show multi package progressbars. So showing only a total transaction progressbar might be an idea, when running multiple downloads.

Tim