yum-plugin-security (yum-security) plugin not detecting outdated packages in CentOS 5

All -

I have a older, sparsely used CentOS 5.1 box that I wanted to update with only security fixes. I read about yum-security and attempted to use it, but the packaged distribution yum (with yum-security) didn't appear to pick up the recently released CESA-2009:0427 (udev) update.

I updated the system using the yum and plugins RPMs (built from yum-3.2.22-0.src.rpm and yum-utils-1.1.21-1.src.rpm). However, it still appears that the updates are not listed as available. Are there additional steps to configuring this plugin, is it not compatible with this distribution/updates or have I made an error somewhere?

Any suggestions on diagnosing/fixing the issue are appreciated.

# rpm -q yum yum-plugin-security yum-metadata-parser python udev libvolume_id
yum-3.2.22-0
yum-plugin-security-1.1.21-1
yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2-2.el5
python-2.4.3-19.el5
udev-095-14.9.el5
libvolume_id-095-14.9.el5

When I check for an update:

# yum --cve=CVE-2009-1185 info-sec
Loaded plugins: security
CVE "CVE-2009-1185" not found applicable for this system
info-sec done

# yum info-sec CESA-2009:0427
Loaded plugins: security
Argument "CESA-2009:0427" not found applicable for this system
info-sec done

# yum --security check-update
Loaded plugins: security
Limiting package lists to security relevant ones
No packages needed, for security, 497 available

# yum check-update udev
Loaded plugins: security
Skipping security plugin, no data
udev.x86_64  095-14.20.el5_3  updates