Re: yum: recurring error 256 on nfs mounted repo

Gerry Reno wrote:
Gerry Reno wrote:
We have some special built rpms that were grabbed by an update on one machine. The local repo is nfs mounted. For some reason, the network stopped working on the machine in the middle of an update. I restarted the network, cleared the nfs mounts and remounted them and everything seemed fine except for the packages coming from the local repo (nfs). Now even though the mounts are fine and the packages are fully available and I even copied them back and forth over the mounts, yum still gives us an error 256 and I cannot find out how to get it to quit doing that. I've tried expiring the cache. No change. My next thing is to do a full yum clean all, but I was hoping to avoid that with so many packages and only two that are a problem. What can clear this error?

I just did a 'yum clean all' and the problem is still there. What can we do now?

I also tried doing 'yum list PACKAGE' and it finds our packages as available.

I'm stumped on this. I looks like it should just download and install them but it refuses with this 256 error (no more mirrors to try).

Regards,
Gerry