Re: reposync always creating repo specific directories

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Danny Smith wrote:

I've had to set up reposync recently here to synchronise some of the Fedora update repositories, using reposync from yum-utils-1.1.17-1.fc8 (Fedora 8). One problem I encountered was wanting the synced repository to be in *exactly* the directory I specified. When using the --download-path option, reposync unconditionally adds the repository name to the path I've specified. With the repository layout we're using internally this isn't what I want.

I've created a simple crude patch internally to change this behaviour as required. Am I missing something, or alternatively is this useful to anyone else? (I don't think the option name is optimal, but I failed to think of anything better).

Doesn't that option need to conflict if there is more than one repository available/being synced?

If you could modify it to that end I think I'd accept it.

-sv