Re: error compiling yum source

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Ashwini Dhiman wrote:

I also tried installing a package using the yum source but I got the error

 File "yum/__init__.py", line 2563, in install
   vwarning(_('Package %s already installed and latest version'), po)
NameError: global name 'vwarning' is not defined

The whole yum traceback is at http://fpaste.org/paste/6255

I suppose, the vwarning function that is being called is some
predefined function to display warnings to the user and is defined in
some module that is imported, but I would like to know, which one? Can
this be changed to use something else? How to rectify this? I hope
this is not a very simply rectifiable error.

you're working from HEAD - not 3.2.X - I know it's not obvious but you need to be in the 3.2.X branch - HEAD is not current.

-sv