Re: Yum error: SyntaxError: not well-formed (invalid token):

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Heimburger,Justin C wrote:

1. what ver of yum?
- 2.6.1 (running on RHEL4)
2. what is generating the repodata on the repository side
- The repos reside on shared NAS.  All clients have identical yum.conf
files.  One master servers creates all repos hourly to keep up-to-date
with package changes.
3. what pkgs got added to the repo yesterday?
- There were 19 packages added on the 11th, but they're all internal
pkgs, none from external sources.  On top of that, most of the folks
creating the packages are new to rpm and Linux.
4. can you post your primary.xml.gz file?
- Sadly, no.  I'm not sure what data is in there, and since all of the
packages are from internal sources here, I could find my self in a World
of Hurt if I publish the contents of our rpms on the interwebs.

Here's another question:  Is there a debug statement that I could add to
one (or more) of the python scripts that would be able to spit out
details as the progress hash makes its way across the screen?

I suppose I'll start moving packages out of the way and see if anything
sticks.

Take your primary.xml.gz and run:
xmllint --noout primary.xml.gz

and see what it says.