Re: rpm 4.2

Would rpm 4.3.3 fall under that category of later version of rpm or is too old as well?

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Joshua Bahnsen wrote:

Something changed between 3.2.13 and 3.2.14 that broke rpm 4.2. I have been using an older version of yum (3.2.8) and it
worked, but I'd like to take advantage of all of the dependency and speed improvements in later versions. Would anyone be
able to point me in the right direction? I've looked at the Git Web repository and compared tried to find the diffs
(between 3.2.13 and 3.2.14) that would have caused it, but my python skills are lacking to determine which bits would be
the important bits.

Here's the tail end of the output when I run yum update.

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/rpmsack.py ", line 56, in _get_hdr
    mi = ts.dbMatch(0, self.idx)
TypeError: argument 2 must be string or None, not int

being able to retrieve headers from the rpmdb by index  is a speed enhancement that is only available in later versions of rpm.

-sv