Re: Running yum built from source

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009, Ashwini Dhiman wrote:

Hi all,

I downloaded yum source using git and then built the source by doing
"make" in the directory where git downloaded the source.
Now I have a doubt that how do I run yum from the compiled source? Is
the yum.py in the bin folder (in the directory in which the source was
downloaded) the file which has to be invoked from the command line?

Or is there any other method? Am I missing something?

Easiest way is to run ./yummain.py from the main dir.

-sv