Re: "rollback" yum update

2009/1/24 James Antill <james-yum@xxxxxxx>:
> Amos Shapira <amos.shapira@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> This is where I miss having "package x replaced <old ver> by <new
>> ver>" in the log, as dpkg/apt/aptitude does on debian.
>
>  There is a /var/log/yum.log ... but it doesn't say the above on one
> line, but then rpms don't work quite the same way debs do.

Yes, I know about /var/log/yum.log and it's very useful, except that
as you say - it doesn't state the old version there, at least not on
the same line and if the version was changed by rpm and not yum then
this file would be out of date wouldn't it?

>  yum-debug-restore | yum shell (note not in yum-utils, yet, buyer
> beware).

Thanks for the heads up, but it's not available for my current prod
systems is it?

Cheers,

--Amos