Re: install related question(s)

Title: RE: install related question(s)

Hi,

Many thanks for your response.

> It looks like you're using red hat enterprise linux 4.
Yes, I am told that Redhat 2.6.9 is linux 4.

> What's your goal in installing yum on rhel4?
This may sound a bit convoluted to you, but my short-
term goal is to implement something called openNMS.
Somewhere in their website
(http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Main_Page)
I read that the best way to do it is via yum.  But
as longer-term goal, I am interested in yum as a
general purpose tool.

> you probably want to install yum via an rpm.
I am not as familiar with rpm commands.  I am more
familiar with tools like make.

Do you have any recommendation as to how I should
proceed?

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx