Re: [UG] yum, urlgrabber and no_proxy environment?

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 15:18 -0500, James Antill wrote:
> Brian Long <brilong@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Let me summarize what I think you're suggesting:
> >
> > 1. Leave my environment alone (currently set via /etc/profile.d scripts
> > for all users).
> > 2. Install and enable James' plugin on machines that need yum no_proxy
> > to work.
> > 3. Copy the http_proxy line from /etc/profile.d/proxy.sh
> > into /etc/yum.conf.
> > 4. Add proxy=_none_ to specific repos which need no_proxy functionality.
> >
> > Is that correct?
>
>  Not quite, if you are just setting "http_proxy=http://blah"; in your
> profile and you don't want yum to use that, then just install the
> plugin.

Note that this currently affects certain subnets where http_proxy is a
requirement.

However, I'm running an internal private mirror.  I have $no_proxy set
to .cisco.com.  When the default Fedora config for [fedora] tries to get
the mirrorlist, a .cisco.com host is listed first.  In order to retrieve
the mirrorlist, I had to use the HTTP proxy, but the first host returned
needs to bypass the proxy.  Since no_proxy is broken, I need a
workaround.

I was thinking that I could replace the mirrorlist URLs with baseurl
pointing straight to my internal mirror and set proxy=_none_.  For repos
where I don't mirror internally, the yum.conf http_proxy would work
properly.

It appears your plugin removes http_proxy from env, but then yum.conf
http_proxy would be read and proxy=_none_ could override on a per-repo
basis.  I believe this provides the workaround I need, but it's not
ideal.

Thanks.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                             |       |