installing an old version of an update

Hi.

I'm running centos 4.X with yum 2.4.3.  I'm trying to install an older
version of an "update" from the yum update repository.  The problem is
that when I do "yum list all", I don't even see the update even though
the file is there.  In my particular case, I have a script that I use to
   install a specific set of updates on machines.  It works as long as
new versions of those updates are not available.  I've tried specifying
the full version/arch/etc, and it still doesn't work.  Just because a
new version of an update comes out and is in the repository, I don't
want it being installed on all of my machines until I've had my own time
to test it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jason.