Re: Patches hosted on YUM repository

Amit Laxmikant Pande wrote:

Can we move (or copy,for that matter) this patch category (security, recommended, optional) information in the patches.xml only so that by parsing just one XML file I can get what I want within a quick time ?

Is there any subtle reason for not doing this so far ?

Any feedback on the same is welcome.

pathches.xml is the Code10 format for SUSE/Novell. Code11 will use the updateinfo.xml Fedora also uses.

For that matter you can just split the patches.xml in 3 separate patches-foo.xml, patches-security.xml etc. Or?

Duncan