Re: we need a way to install packages from installation media

Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
Hi,
in continuation to our IRC talk

like all other package managers yum (the command line tool) need a way
to add installation media CD/DVD

I know that the python API supports that
but fedora 9 users have no way to make use of that as there is no
single tool that implement it
(pirut was removed from F9, yumex don't have it, PK api does not
support it ...etc)

so at least we need the yum command line tool to support it

something like
yum addmedia

which will copy media.repo and do the cache

and yum's __init__.py should have a call like this
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=hosted/pirut.git;a=blob;f=pirut/__init__.py;h=24b87789429d664eab61bf8b79b9f91a5b270bb8;hb=HEAD#l151

to ask the user to insert the media

I think it should be added to yumex, but never got around to do that yet and it should be added to PK too, but i don't think it fits very well into yum-cli asking for changing cd and actions like that a little strange to me.

Tim