Re: repoquery/yum latest_and_not_obsoleted?

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 09:51 +0300, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for running bcfg2 or also maybe other configuration engines checking
> the package install status one needs a list of valid packages for that
> repo. Ideally there would be a command to query all packages in the
> repos like yum does, but only show the latest and the ones not
> obsoleted by other packages, e.g. what yum uses in its final rounds.

yum list available pkgname-ver-rel.arch should do that - but if you want
to make it more precise a very short python script should do it.

import yum
my = yum.YumBase()
my.conf.cache=1 # to avoid updating the metadata
newestpkgs = my.pkgSack.returnNewestByNameArch()

then you can iterate that list if you so choose.

Tell me a bit more about what you need to query on and I think we can
hack something up that's simple.

-sv