Re: yum problem + TypeError: Parsing primary.xml error

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried several mirrors and always get the same problem.
I've even copy-paste primary.xml from another identical working great
server but no luck.
I'm going mad with this problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

2008/6/13 David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Stelios A. wrote:
>>
>> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sqlitecachec.py", line 32, in
>> getPrimary
>> self.callback))
>> TypeError: Parsing primary.xml error: Start tag expected, '<' not found
>
> I would suspect that the downloaded file has bad data in it, and since you
> have done clean all, perhaps the mirror that you are downloading from also
> has this issue, even possible the master ?
>
> Maybe compare the contents of primary.xml  {think it's zipped on the
> server}, with that downloaded and extracted locally.
>
> Also check that yum clean all is removing the repodata from your machine.
>
> DaveT.

Stelios A