Re: yum search behaviour change from 3.0.x to 3.2.x

seth vidal wrote:
Is there any way for me to get the old behaviour back? I really liked that I could easily see all available packages, what repository they were sourced from, and in the same list see installed versions of matching packages.
Not really, no. The change was made to speed the output up and simplify
it. you might notice yum search is much much faster in 3.2.8 than 3.0.x.
However, we might be able to work out something.

I understand the rationale for simplifying the resultlist, but it would be awesome if one could ask for an alternate presentation (slower performing obviously).

Having the package version and source repository listed is very helpful in a lot of situations.

In the above, case, however, you can do: yum list redhat-lsb
and get the results you want.

Yes, as I said I know I can use "list" in many situations (whenever the package name is known), but it does not provide the same level of recall as "search" would.

A typical example would be searching for apache :
yum list '*apache*'

will not return the actual httpd package, as it does not have apache in the title..

Thanks for clarifying anyway.

Regards
--
Denis