Re: Re: Yum Digest, Vol 58, Issue 6

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 2:41 AM, Lokesh Chakka
<lvenkatakumarchakka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But how far the including of these lang packs is feasible which ultimately
> changes the size from 9.2M.B. to 21M.B. ?
> Moreover, if I am not wrong, fire fox comes with various language packages
> already included.
>  My main question is that even though I am using presto for downloading only
> the DRPMS, it is downloading a stuff of 21 M.B. and it seems to be too huge.

Well, I get this:

$ yum info firefox
 * fedora: ftp.uci.edu
 * updates: ftp.uci.edu
 * adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
Excluding Packages from Fedora 8 - i386
Finished
Excluding Packages from Fedora 8 - i386 - Updates
Finished
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
Installed Packages
Name   : firefox
Arch   : i386
Version: 2.0.0.14
Release: 1.fc8
Size   : 38 M
Repo   : installed
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards
compliance, performance and portability.

This is for my already-installed firefox update - 38M, which kind of
dwarfs your 21M, so I'm not sure if this is any help.

One note: in the future, could you use a Subject: that's a little more
informative than "Re: Yum Digest, Vol 58, Issue 6?"  TIA.

HTH

mhr