Re: YUM port numbers.......

Thanks David!!!  :-)

David Timms wrote:
Khalid Paden wrote:
I have a very restrictive outbound firewall configuration. I need to know what ports YUM uses.
http and or ftp
tcp/80      tcp/21

yum uses a mirrorlist to retrieve the closest mirrors to download from. The resultant list can have both http and ftp items.

You can also configure yum proxy settings, or machine wide proxy settings if your only access to the 'net is via an internal web proxy.