Re: Treating 'not found' packages as errors

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 21:15 +0200, Anders Blomdell wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 21:02 +0200, Anders Blomdell wrote:
> >> I have already found that out, the problem is that my.processTransaction()
> >> silently refuses to install.
> >

> >> xpdf
> >> xwnc
> >> 10 Downloading Packages ()
> >> 11 11 ([<yum.sqlitesack.YumAvailablePackageSqlite object at 0x956744c>,
> >> <yum.sqlitesack.YumAvailablePackageSqlite object at 0xc525bac>],)
> >> 20 Check Package Signatures ()
> >> 30 Running Test Transaction ()
> >> Running rpm_check_debug
> >> 40 Running Transaction ()
> >
> > Well, in the case of the user - the transaction cannot be run, at all...
> > Is that what you mean - when it is run as a user it is silent in its
> > not-running-ness?
> Exactly, and it makes me nervous that other things will silently be ignored as
> well (even when running as root). I did not expect it to install anything when
> run as an ordinary user, but I would like to get informed of what it couldn't
> complete (which somehow brings me back to what started this thread).

understood - if you break up what processTransaction() does you can get
more feedback. However, things like the above are why we're going to be
workin specific items to break in the yum api to make programming to it
better and more reliable.

If you're interested in adding some input it's welcome.

-sv