Re: Yum in RHEL5

On 13/03/2008, seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >
>  > That's all. What am I doing wrong or missing? Any pointers will be appreciated.
>  >

>  2. what arch is the machine where you're running yum? run these two
>  commands for me:
>     a. uname -m
>     b. cat /etc/rpm/platform

That served as a pointer to the root cause. The machine (as you saw, I
am running the repository as well as the client on the same machine
during testing) has these details:

[root@meibok ~]# uname -m
x86_64
[root@meibok ~]# cat /etc/rpm/platform
i686-redhat-linux

I changed /etc/rpm/platform to read x86_64-redhat-linux and now it
works. Thanks!

Since /etc/rpm/platform doesn't belong to any package, now I guess I
need to trace what creates it and see why it got a wrong entry.

Binand