Readonly Repo

Dear Listmembers,

my box is a redhat Enterprise Linux 4, which has no yum, but a have installed yum and createrepo from Dag Wieers' Repository.

Now I want to setup a local repo from the RHEL4 install-DVD, so that it's easy to install other packages from the DVD, which is automounted. It was also no problem to create a kind of repo, which is listable, but when I try to install a package from my selfgenerated local-repo I get

file:///etc/yum.repos.d/rhel4/xpdf-3.00-14.el4.x86_64.rpm: [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/yum.repos.d/rhel4/xpdf-3.00-14.el4.x86_64.rpm'
Trying other mirror.

My local repo is under /etc/yum.repos.d/rhel4/repodata
The DVD is automounted under /mnt/rhel4 and so the rpm's on the DVD are readonly accessible under /mnt/rhel4/RedHat/RPMS.

I want the metadata in the repo to point to the rpm's, but have found no way so far. I know that I can copy the files from the DVD to /etc/yum.repos.d/rhel4, but I want to avoid wasting this diskspace. I also do not want to burn a new DVD with the metadata on it. I have tried using to bind-mount /mnt/rhel4/RedHat/RPMS to /etc/yum.repos.d/rhel4, that works so far that then the rpm's are accessible, but the metadata is away. Sad to say that I have no kernel with unionfs, which would be a good solution. I know that I can generate symlinks of each package which point from /etc/yum.repos.d/rhel4 to /mnt/rhel4/RedHat/RPMS, but that is also not my preferred solution

How can I deal with this problem, how can I create a repo in one directory pointing to the rpm-files in another readonly directory ?

Thanks in advance

--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games! Spaßgarantie pur:
http://games.entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/games/free